Urban Services Offices
Regina Urban Services Office
The Regina Urban Services office, located at 1246 Albert Street, just recently opened with the intent of helping Yellow Quill Regina Urban Members deal and cope with issues that affect them on a daily basis. The Regina Urban Services is in the process of strategic planning and developing its programs and services in order to better serve Yellow Quill First Nation members in the City of Regina.
Phone: 306-789-4544 and Fax: 306-789-4554
Saskatoon Urban Services Office
The Saskatoon Urban Services office is located at #8-2345 Ave C North.
Who We Are:
Yellow Quill Urban Services Inc. is a community based, member driven organization that was introduced to aide in the emotional, physical, spiritual and mental development of Yellow Quill First Nations Members and their extended families in the city of Saskatoon.
The initiative was spear headed by Yellow Quill First Nation Chief and Council in June 2009. The Board of Directors were implemented in January 2011 and the organization completed Non-Profit Corporation status in May 2011.
It was felt that Yellow Quill First Nation Members in the City of Saskatoon do not access programming and services offered by other Aboriginal and City Associations. There is an estimated 1,200 Yellow Quill First Nation Band Members in the City of Saskatoon. In order for our Yellow Quill First Nation Band Members to feel comfortable in moving toward services they must feel the sense of belonging. We aim to secure the Yellow Quill Urban Services Member population and deliver impressive approaches to aide in the areas of: recreation, culture, liaising to housing and social services, employment education and individual social development. Currently, Yellow Quill Urban Services advocates for its members in the areas of social development, employment and housing.
It is the intent of the Yellow Quill Urban Services Inc. Board of Directors to access funding to promote holistic wellness, aide in the liaison of social services, links to educational opportunities and to encourage employment with its’ members.
- Provide support to its members with programming in the areas of cultural direction, social development, building self-esteem, creating and assisting in educational opportunities, elders/member/children and youth projects, and employment training.
- Apply for funding by granting organizations to provide the programming named in our objectives.
- Grow as an organization with a flourishing staff.
- Increase the awareness of the organization by using effective media promotion and valuable networking in the City of Saskatoon and the province of Saskatchewan.
- Inventive in representing the members in its organization and become a well respectable agency in the City of Saskatoon.
- Represented in partnering organizations and actively participating in Urban Aboriginal initiatives in the City of Saskatoon.